The first Group Areas Act, the Group Areas Act, 1950 was promulgated on 7 July 1950, and it was implemented over a period of several years. It was amended by Parliament in 1952, 1955 (twice), 1956 and 1957. Later in 1957 it was repealed and re-enacted in consolidated form as the Group Areas Act, 1957, which was amended in 1961, 1962, and 1965. In 1966 this version was in turn repealed and re-enacted as the Group Areas Act, 1966, which was subsequently amended in 1969, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, and 1984. It was repealed (along with many other discriminatory laws) on 30 June 1991 by the Abolition of Racially Based Land Measures Act, 1991.
Group Areas Act (The Catastrophe )
By firstname.lastname@example.org|2016-05-15T19:08:14+00:00May 15th, 1950|
- May 16th, 2016|Comments Off on On a Hiking Trail with a Solomon
- May 16th, 2016|Comments Off on Imam Gassan Solomon (1941 – 2009)
- May 16th, 2016|Comments Off on Farewell to Imam Gassan Solomons in Constantia
- May 15th, 2016|Comments Off on CRRA Article
- May 15th, 2016|Comments Off on History Timeline